I suggest that you...

Possibility to delete contacts Individually

Hi, on Mac having authorized the application to search through my contact at first I said yes and I regret it.

I wish there was a way to remove contacts individually (or all) as Know I am going to make a mistake on day and send a file to a contact "Livio" who keeps on popping first and who I ABSOLUTELY do not want to share files.

I wish I could reset the database of contacts or at least remove this particular contact and a few others.

I have tried uninstalling reinstalling several times now I am stuck with that contact at the top of my list (god knows why).

Is there a way to delete the database of contacts for the time being completely? If so that is my preference for now. And when sending to someone I am SURE I NEED TO SEND TO that is ok I will type the email address manually.

Thanks for your help (and considering a mechanism to remove individual / all contacts if the need arises).

L

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

LudoLudo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LudoLudo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you I REALLY appreciate your help.

I will proceed with the steps as per your instructions tomorrow, getting a bit late in the night over here.

Again thank you for your GREAT support !

:-)

• InfinitAdminInfinit (Support, Infinit) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm happy to help. Although I know this isn't the ideal solution. To answer your questions:

1) Yes, you can use the same email address as your account will be completely deleted.

2) You can simply log out then log back in once your new account is created. There's no reason to uninstall/reinstall.

Let me know if you have any other questions. You can also reach me anytime at pat@infinit.io.

Absolutely I will take your suggestion to delete the account. Thanks. Before proceeding 2 questions please :
        1- can I use the same email address to re-create the account ?
        2- And second question : do I need to uninstall the apps once more on each machines (Windows and Mac), or just a simple log out for the time being whilst I delete the account is enough ?

Thank you for your support.

• InfinitAdminInfinit (Support, Infinit) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the moment, I'm afraid that we don't have the resources to remove contacts for a single account. We will, however, be working on a system to do this. In the meantime, may I suggest that you delete your account and sign up for a new one? This will essentially reset your app, and give you a fresh start.

If you received any additional storage or were upgraded in any way, I'll be happy to give the same advantages to your new account.

Ok I understand and really appreciate your clarifications. I thought there was a mechanism for contact that I could not control from my end since no matter how many times I uninstalled and reinstalled (Mac and Windows) the contacts reappeared.

For the time being could you please delete those contacts on your end on your server please? I would REALLY appreciate your help in having them removed.

Thank you in advance, this is important to me, and for privacy reasons.

I connfirm the setup on the Mac is now "not granted" so it cannot access the address book. If you ask me to uninstall one more time I am happy to do so.

Thanks

While we can't change the way the contacts function immediately, I can clarify certain points.

In order to provide a uniform experience across all of the devices on which you have installed Infinit, we do store your contacts. We use the list of contacts to notify you when one of your contacts has joined Infinit. Another way the contacts are used is when one of them signs up, they can access the history of all of their previous transfers even when they weren't on the app.

I understand that this may be frustrating, and we've already started speaking about ways of giving you more control. Right now, we're fleshing out an idea of having a contacts management module on your web profile so you can add or remove contacts at your own behest.

I have just uninstalled it from Windows rebooted, reinstalled. This is infuriating one contact still appears, so it is picking up the information from the Mac.

As per previous message explains, can you kindly let me know how toremove those contacts.

Thank you

Hello and thank you for your very prompt reply.

The problem that I am having is that after a complete uninstall (removed all the .plist files) using "App delete" and "CleanApp" Rebooted, reinstalled the software Infinit --> It still remembers a few contacts !! (who I have not sent ANYTHING) reappeared. Also during reinstall I was asked the question "Do you want to grant access to Infinit to your address book" --> I clicked no

So I am very distressed and annoyed as to where the data is kept for Infinit because it keeps on remembering some contacts when I choose it to have access to my contact list. I deeply regret doing so, as mentioned above I prefer to manually enter the email address each time.

Can con confirm if the address book details are uploaded to your servers (My machine with Windows 7 acts the same I can see those contacts too)? Or is it the Mac sending to Windows since infinit is installed on both machine and with the same account: my account?

I just don't know what to do to remove those contacts. Can you explain what the mechanism is for infinint on Mac and which file should be deleted for this issue to go away?

Thank you.

Feedback and Knowledge Base