• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  InfinitAdminInfinit (Support, Infinit) responded  · 

At the moment, your uploaded files need to be zipped unless they are being shared with another Infinit user. I’m afraid we need to do this in order to guarantee that specifically folders are transferred without any inconsistencies. If both sender and recipient are using Infinit, however, the files won’t be compressed.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • InfinitAdminInfinit (Support, Infinit) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Evan. Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry that you're seeing files stuck at 0%. Generally this shouldn't be due to the compression process since even for large files, it is done rather quickly. It may be a problem with how the app is trying to connect.

I'll be happy to look at this more precisely for you, but I'll need to get your log files. We can exchange by email if you'd like. Shoot me an email at pat@infinit.io if you'd like.

• Evan SchiffEvan Schiff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you make a separate progress bar for the compression process?

Otherwise if you have a large transfer then it just says "Uploading (0%)" for quite a while, and with no network activity, so you're not quite sure if it's working or not.

Feedback and Knowledge Base