I suggest that you...

Make it possible to distinguish different devices when sending

I have 3 iMacs connected. Each one of them is called 'my Mac' in the App. Very irritating :((

I need a way to distinguish different machines by name (eg. private iMac, office iMac etc.). It happened too many times that I'd send files by accident to the wrong machine. Maybe there is already al way to make that happen, but I couldn't find anything...

3 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Oliver TwistOliver Twist shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really stupid I cant tell which of my devices is which (all say my android), and worse when I choose one it jumps to the top of the list so I lose track of which I tested - should be a no brainer to use the device name

• InfinitAdminInfinit (Support, Infinit) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi everyone. Right now, there seems to be an issue with the app refreshing itself with the new information. For our next update, at the end of the month, your contact list will refresh automatically each time you access it. This should solve this whole issue of not being able to identify your device. Additionally, you'll be able to rename your device on the device itself, which should help you manage them better. I'm sorry for this temporary inconvenience.

• Ivan EnglerIvan Engler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

unfortunately, the infinit pulldown menu on my mac osx menubar does not reflect the names given in the account page. all my macs are still called "My Mac"

• Oliver TwistOliver Twist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for your reply. I tried that already but those changes do not apply to the app. Names are correctly displayed in my profile but in the app it's still just "my iMac" for each machine.

Feedback and Knowledge Base