I suggest that you...

Add sync folders that work like BitTorrent Sync

Offer the ability to add "Sync" folders that would work much like BitTorrent Sync's folders. I would love to use Infinit for my syncing as well as sending files, rather than having to jump back and forth between Infinit and BitTorrent Sync

Thanks!

7 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Laeryn EvansLaeryn Evans shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  InfinitAdminInfinit (Support, Infinit) responded  · 

We very much feel the same way at Infinit. Our goal right now is to improve the sending experience, but we may make our way into the sync market sometime in the near future.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • InfinitAdminInfinit (Support, Infinit) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello everyone. We're still working on this aspect of Infinit right now. It will likely take the form of a different product or at the very least, be available as a separate beta version from the current Infinit. Our belief is that the existing p2p sync solutions are both badly designed from a user experience perspective (aka comparing BT Sync to Dropbox for example) and that the flexibility that these solutions permit, particularly for multiple users and access control is severely lacking. These are the two areas we will be focusing on.

• Sergey KostyukSergey Kostyuk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that it must to be a different application, it we really need syncing from Infinit. Firstly, additional feature means additional memory consumption (for both RAM and storage) which can be an issue on mobile devices. Secondly, there is a lot of applications which provide syncing (mentioned BTSync and Syncthing, for example) which are quite good and available on almost all possible platforms. So this feature can occur only a waste of time.

This is only my opinion, of course. And i'm just Infinit user, not developer. But if you have arguments opposite to my positions - please, tell them.

And sorry for my English

Feedback and Knowledge Base