I suggest that you...

Build a way to automatically accept from any user

It would tremendously improve workflow if I file transfers would be automatically approved from people I trust. Please add a checkbox that will 'always approve incoming files from this person'. This is very important when the person is in a different timezone and will not be at their computer to accept the file.

50 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MichaelMichael shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  InfinitAdminInfinit (Support, Infinit) responded  · 

We’ll be adding a way for you to auto-accept transfers between your own devices this month. However, allowing this for other users gets a bit tricky for us if you have more than one device, so we’re still looking into how best to manage this type of auto-accept.

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BobBob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I sent multiple files from my phone to the Mac and when I got to the computer, there was only one file downloaded only after approving the download.

• InfinitAdminInfinit (Support, Infinit) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the question. On all platforms, Infinit will inform you about a successful delivery with a notification. At the moment, we don't use email notifications, but that option is in the pipeline.

• Brad KumarBrad Kumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When the sender and receiver both have Infinit running, it would be great if there was an option to auto-accept incoming files without having to accept each one. Thanks for the great app!

• Alfonso RodriguezAlfonso Rodriguez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Option to automatically receive/download files from specific sender, no need to accept the file every time a different file it is going to be received.

• JaredJared commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really hope this feature comes out soon.
        My 2 cents: It would seem like it would be best to allow a user to decide which devices "auto-accept" files. EG. auto accept files on apps logged in on my desktop and await acceptance (or cancelation) on my mobile devices.

• InfinitAdminInfinit (Support, Infinit) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm afraid that while we do plan on implementing this, there is still a lot of complexity to consider. Specifically if your recipient has 2 or more devices, at the moment, we can't be sure about where the files should be automatically accepted. Once we have a better idea of how this can be managed, we'll post an update here to let you know we've started working on it. I'm sorry for the delay!

• SeanSean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is this feature still going to be finished and released? Would be great if it was.

• JonahJonah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Eagerly awaiting cross contact auto-sending. Don't care much for cross device sending though.

No news just yet. However, we will be releasing the auto-accept feature for transfers sent to your other devices, which is the first step. This should be out by the end of the month or by mid-May at the latest.

• JaredJared commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sitting on the edge of my seat for this feature to be added. Any news?

Yes, that is an interesting suggestion. What you've described is similar to some of the ideas we've been throwing around here. However, we really would like to simplify these interactions, and by having device specific lists and re-downloading from other devices, may complicate the experience pretty significantly. I believe that you made this feature request as well: https://infinit.uservoice.com/admin/forums/95479-general-feedback/suggestions/7407367-accept-transfer-from-a-different-device-accept-wi

This seems like a very practical way for this to work, at least at the outset. What does everyone think?

• MiikaMiika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"However, allowing this for other users gets a bit tricky for us if you have more than one device, so we’re still looking into how best to manage this type of auto-accept."

Make the "AUTO ACCEPT FROM USER - LIST" device specific. So if you have 2 or more devices, you can have a specific sender on one device set on auto accept. To make this even more advanced and user friendly you could do to following. Let's say you have user called MIKE on AUTO ACCEPT list on your desktop and Mike sends you a file that you need but into your mobile device. Here's how this could be solved 1. Make managing of AUTO ACCEPT list so easy that you can turn on/off auto accept to fit your situation. 2. Have an option to "re-download" a file from your own device to other devices. The ability to re-download a file that has been downloaded to one of your devices would be a great feature. This way you could esaily get same files to multiple devices when needed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base