I suggest that you...

Let users remove old or canceled transfers

I cant find a way to remove old or canceled transfers or old conversations with specific users from the main view.

117 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ixenixen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature asap for Mac. It is confusing as it stands. Definitely NOT productive.

• FDFD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

still no possibility to remove old transfers or edit contacts???

• BaltoBalto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The dock screen should be re-sizable, movable on the window, and feature the ability to erase past transfer successes and fails, just to keep the screen clean. I really, really like this program, and I appreciate the hard work you put into coding this program.

• manimaran ARmanimaran AR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

after files are transferred not having option to delete download history .you can include options like whether u would like to clear download history or including files like in torrent clients like bitcomer.it would make the app more user friendly.

Thank you for your response :)

Just the fact that you took the time to justify your decisions makes me believe a little more in Infinit.io.
        Technical question: so where does this "recent transfers" list come from in my Windows machine? Is there a registry location, a %appdata% file that I can edit to make those entries go away? If you could provide a work around, I would absolutely be able to do that.

Kind regards and thank you!

• InfinitAdminInfinit (Support, Infinit) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Late this past summer we were forced to remove this feature from our Android pipeline because Google wanted to feature Infinit on the Play Store. Removing a transfer from Infinit's interface involved a swipe action that was contrary to how Google wanted the app to behave. On iOS, this feature has been in place for the past 8 months or so.

On desktop, the changes are much more difficult to make because Windows and Mac have different flows within the app. We intend to bring coherence to these interfaces as soon as we hire new developers. At this point, on desktop, we'll begin to converge the interfaces and make many of the changes posted on these forums including the ability to remove transfers.

Our apologies for the delay. We understand the need for this and your frustration, but in order to save time and with limited resources, we're forced to take the most long-term pragmatic decisions. Thanks for your understanding.

"responded June 24, 2015" > "We'll be working on adding this to Mac and Windows as well, **likely in the following update**".

Yeah! Today its November 13 and still no option to clear history :)
        As a fellow software developer I ask: how hard can it be? How many actual hours of development are required to implement such a seemingly basic feature (from the user standpoint).

Thank you :)

• JP HarmandJP Harmand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

latest release 0.9.43 still does not offer the "delete history" function.... disapointed...
        My list is now one kilometer long, which makes Infinit unusable.....

• Basile GonosBasile Gonos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The recepients' list in taskbar icon gets cluttered. It would be nice to erase recepients at will.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base