I suggest that you...

Add file extension in image/screenshots links

It can be nice to add extension of file in links, especially for images and screenshots. Because if you use system like Slack, when you have a link with the extension it present the image directly in the app, and not juste a link.

This is an exemple in Slack with the PNG extension added manually and not added : http://links.leoderbois.com/_/LxCaxhG

3 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Léo DerboisLéo Derbois shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • InfinitAdminInfinit (Support, Infinit) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the input Léo! It seems that the problem with showing images in Slack is rather that if you post a link before the file is completely uploaded, it won't be able to display in Slack. The reason for this is that we don't have a preview of the image that we can use, and because we can't force Slack to refresh in order to show the image. The only work around for now is to wait a few extra seconds (for most images) for the upload to finish before posting in Slack. You can use the dynamic Infinit icon to gauge the progress.

Feedback and Knowledge Base