General Feedback

Welcome to the general feedback forum. Let us know what we can do to make your Infinit experience as a whole better. For individual questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at support@infinit.io.

I suggest that you...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add an option to see/manage the current amount of GB used for link storage in professional accounts

If you have a professional or premium plan, it would be nice to see how much GB's of your online capacity you have used for storing links... and to be able to remove old links to free up space.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion. We’ll be adding this to your web profile soon. In addition, we may add it to the settings menu in the app as well. Your links will soon be accessible and manageable from the web interface as well.

• Add custom branding to the email

Give customers the ability to add custom logos and colors to the design of the email. Maybe for a monthly fee

6 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Create an API

What about an API so that other apps can send files via Infinit?

11 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re really looking forward to making this happen! It’s something we’ve been dying to do, so rest assured that it’s in the pipeline!

• Build a way to automatically accept from any user

It would tremendously improve workflow if I file transfers would be automatically approved from people I trust. Please add a checkbox that will 'always approve incoming files from this person'. This is very important when the person is in a different timezone and will not be at their computer to accept the file.

50 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  General Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ll be adding a way for you to auto-accept transfers between your own devices this month. However, allowing this for other users gets a bit tricky for us if you have more than one device, so we’re still looking into how best to manage this type of auto-accept.

• Allow groups of contacts to receive the same transfers

It would be awesome, if I could assemble a specific group of contacts, to which I can send files.

26 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Let users remove old or canceled transfers

I cant find a way to remove old or canceled transfers or old conversations with specific users from the main view.

117 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  General Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

UPDATE: The ability to remove old transfers will be coming to Android in the next update. We’ll be working on adding this to Mac and Windows as well, likely in the following update.

• 8 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

At the moment, we currently support HTTP proxies on Mac and Windows. SOCKS proxies are not currently supported. If you are having an issue with the HTTP proxy, please report a problem from the settings menu of the app or get in touch by sending an email to pat@infinit.io. We’ll get back to you ASAP.

• allow hot linking on paid accounts

Currently when you open a "link" you will be directed towards a infinit (or custom) branded page. Maybe you could make it possible for paid users to let them choose wether they're directed to a actual page or simply download the file (without having to press download again).

IF you don't want to do that for all types of files. Please consider doing this only for screenshots?

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. We can certainly consider adding such features for paid accounts. It would make a lot of sense especially for professionals.

• Increase the character limit in messages

100 characters for a message isn't enough. Can you increase it?

8 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re currently thinking about the best way to change this feature. Most of the revamping will be done in the future with an updated design of the Mac app, but the character limit should be removed for our next update.

• Create a search menu

It would be nice to have a search option allowing me to quickly go through my links and be able to find them and send them again. I have several links and it is very tiring to be forced to go through all of them

3 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. We understand that it can be difficult to search through so many links. We’re looking at ways of improving this experience, but I’m afraid I don’t have visibility on when a search function will be added to the links. We’ll update you here as soon as we begin working on such a feature though.

• Improve the messaging for transfers to email addresses

When I send a file to an email address and then check the status it shows that it is finished even though the user never never downloaded the file. There should be a better description of the status.

7 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello! Thanks for the heads up. You’re right that the message is different. It’s going to take some time, but we’re planning on making this interaction a lot better.

• Give more information on "unfinished transfer waiting for you" emails

I have been receiving these emails about having 1 pending transfer. It tells me to open infinit app now to finish it. Transfer is from me to me. I use infinit to send my phones and tablets some files. I opened the infinit app on multiple devices since then but I guess I didn't open the two correct devices that has the unfinished transfer. So my suggestion is that if the transfer is from the user itself, give more information like devices used or option to cancel.

3 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You’re totally right! I’m sorry that you keep receiving this email. We’ll be adding some additional information about how to finish the transfers soon. When you send to yourself, generally you can only take the action on the receiving device. If you cancel or accept the transfer, the notification will go away. If you don’t see these options, it’s likely that you sent your files to a device that is no longer associated with the app. In this case, you can delete your extra devices from your profile at https://infinit.io/account or you can change your password at https://infinit.io/forgot_password which will cancel all of your in-progress transfers.

• Allow blocking certain users

Anyone can send me a message with an attachment. I can reject the message, but I should have the possibility to block a person.

8 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Omar. Thanks for suggesting blocking. We do plan on integrating that feature soon. We’re also contemplating the idea of its opposite, an auto-accept setting, in case you don’t want to click accept every time.

• Link Facebook account to existing Infinit account

how to link Facebook account to my Infinit account?

2 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

At the moment, you can only link a Facebook account to your Infinit account if your Facebook email address is different than your Infinit email address. We do plan on addressing the case where the email address is the same by early May. Alternatively, you can create a new account with Facebook, and subsequently change your Infinit email address on that new account to another email address at https://infinit.io/account.

• Select WIFI-ONLY transfers

It could be a good idea to implement a switch that prevents downloads over 3G connections, only over wifi, to avoid data plan draining when leaving home in the middle of a transfer. Other possible implementation is letting pause a transfer instead of cancelling it.

5 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Absolutely! We know that a lot of the time we don’t think about which network we might be connected to, so we do plan on adding an option to limit transfers by size over 3G/4G from 0MB to unlimited MB. Hopefully, this will be in place in June.

• Partnership with external storage providers

This way we can back things up without having to deal with crappy vendor software by transferring files via Wi-Fi.

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re in the process of exploring this at the moment. However, we’re not yet sure to what extent we’ll be integrated or how this feature will come together formally yet.

• Please consider Google login

Many sites permit the use of Google signin in addition to Facebook and other validation methods. Google is so very close to a universal sognin, IMHO so much more so that Facebook (but that's because I don't use Facebook!)

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Of course! We do plan on extending login options, but unfortunately we won’t be able to add this option in quickly. Be assured it’s in our roadmap though.

• Create headless / command-line Linux clients

It would be very useful for me as a developer to have a headless (without GUI) version of the Linux client. Rather than interacting with Infinit with a GUI, I would be using it with some command-line interface.

Going headless would allow me to send files to home Linux servers and Internet of Things devices without having to resort to flash drives.

Additionally, some Linux people prefer to use terminal rather than GUI, so giving them a command-line client would encourage them to try out Infinit as well.

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Totally! We do hope to have a command line version of Infinit. Unfortunately we don’t have a release date for it just yet, but it’s definitely in our roadmap.

• Make custom subdomains trusted

Your certificates for custom subdomains don't seem to be trusted by any browser I am using, haven't tried it on domains yet.

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Implement segmented file transfers

Could you utilise segmented file transfers to further improve transfer speeds?

2 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Aidan. This is possible with Infinit, and it is in our roadmap, but we’re still quite unsure about when or how it will be integrated into the product.

← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base