General Feedback

Welcome to the general feedback forum. Let us know what we can do to make your Infinit experience as a whole better. For individual questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at support@infinit.io.

I suggest that you...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. open-source a bit your software

Your software is pure genius. It's so fast that it breaks the wifi relay behind my own wifi router (this is a very accurate description, and yes this is dirty, but no choice, believe me...), and keeps working without an internet connection^^ !
    Anyway, I'd love to see a bit more about your code, I know it's an awful trouble, especially for this software enabling P2P file-transfer that fast and seamlessly and reliable, but I can't attest that your encryption is failsafe if I can't read the code on a repo...

3 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion. While we do plan on open sourcing several parts of Infinit in the near future, we currently don’t have enough time to do so at the moment. However, to offer some clarification, we use standard encryption algorithms (RSA and AES) as well as OpenSSL In the logs, you can see that Infinit calls OpenSSL for example. While we know that this isn’t sufficiently transparent for now, we do intend to open up Infinit for more transparent analysis by users soon.

• 49 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  General Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi. Thanks for writing. This is definitely something we’ve been contemplating. We’d very much appreciate a better idea of how people would want to use messages in this case. Do you see it more as a chat, as an email or as something completely different?

• Portable Version

Will there be a portable Version? I am a fan of portable programms. I always have an USB stick with me, so I can use my favorite programms on any pc, even on the ones without admin rights. Would be great.

5 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re not sure if we’ll make a portable version. It depends very significantly on how much interest there is in such a feature. Thank you though for making this feature request public.

• #Hashtags for filetransfer

I just had an idea. What if you could use #hashtags and assign a specific #hashtagged files to be downloaded into a certain folder. For an example if someone would be sending a file with #music you could click on the hashtag and make every file with #music go to MUSIC folder. This would enable people to make managing files that much easeir. #project #video etc.

4 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a really cool feature request. We’ve thought about such integrations in the app, but at the moment, we’re really focused on core features. Nevertheless, something like this could be brilliant. We’ll certainly keep it in mind!

• Give users more information about a sender

I just received 2 incoming transfers from a Joseph and I don't know anyone by that name and there is no picture etc. So I have no way to know who that person is. Maybe I should be able to see their email?

4 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Add sync and shared folders to Infinit

First of all, I love your app! But I still use Dropbox just for one reason.

I'm a graphic designer, and I have team. So, I just export some .png or .pdf files to a folder in the Dropbox folder, where it will automatically sync. Not only that, the folder will have the same link, and hence don't worry about sending new links for updates in the folder. Then, I can also give access to my friends to add or delete files. If you would integrate this to Infinit, I would be eternally grateful.

18 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! Just to clarify a bit, you’d like an Infinit folder that syncs like a Dropbox folder and offers a static link to files that are updated? If this syncing is done without a central server, would that be a hindrance to you?

• Make it possible to delete all screenshots

Add 'Delete All Links' menu option

5 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback Nick. We’ve thought about the best way of going about this since screenshots end up becoming a bit difficult manage. We are thinking about adding a setting that would let your screenshots expire or auto-delete after X number of days.

• Add annotation of screenshots

This is the one thing I need to start using only infinit. When you use a keyboard shortcut, you take a screenshot but then you should be able to edit it by adding arrows, text etc. some minor things.

8 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feature suggestion. We’ll actually be reviewing our desktop apps quite soon. There is much to do around screenshots, so we will certainly bring up annotation when we discuss improving this feature.

• Allow limiting upload/download bandwidth

There should be a way to limit the bandwidth infinit uses for uploads and downloads.

8 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. We’re thinking about adding settings in the app in the near future, so this may in fact be one of them. Do you feel a significant change in your bandwidth capacity when Infinit is running?

• Allow streaming and previews before downloading

It would be great if you could stream the mp3/movie before you had to download it, for sharing music with my friends it's nice to know if i like the song before i decide to download it. maybe with images you could view a preview?

8 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • When installing a new app it would be great to know that you could easily uninstall it

When installing a new app, it would be great to know that you could easily uninstall it, if something goes wrong. Can I just move the app to trash from /Applications on a Mac? So I think an appropriate chapter in the FAQs or Knowledge Base is desirable.

3 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. On OS X, most apps don’t offer an uninstaller. To delete any app, you simply need to drag and drop it from the Applications folder to the trash bin icon on your dock.

• Use a single upload when sending to multiple addresses

It would be great if there was a single upload to the cloud when sending the same file at the same moment to different users who are not infinit users.

2 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi! Thanks so much for the suggestion. This would be pretty amazing for sure. Can you please offer me some details about how you send files? How many recipients do you generally have if more than 1? How big are the files you’re sending to those recipients? How fast is your connection? Thanks!

• Allow P2P without a need for a receiver to have Infinit account (via webpage)

I'm not sure if this is even possible, but here it goes. What if you could send file P2P to a receiver who doesnt have Infinit installed or even a Infinit account?

This feature would generate a link that would direct the receiver to a webpage where the receiver could download the file(s) via P2P without a need to install Infinit or without a need to create an account. The link would tell if the sender is ONLINE/OFFLINE.

This kind of feature would supercharge the Infinit. At the moment Infinit cant replace WeTransfer/MyAirCloud (free) or any of the services that…

4 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

So, this is possible, but it would remove one of the most fundamental parts of the p2p transfer, the security. The reason we require accounts for p2p transfers is to identify a user and assign a key pairing which allows for an extremely high level of encryption. If we did something like this, that security feature wouldn’t be part of such a transfer. Having said that, there are technologies that would allow receiving a p2p transfer via link.

At the moment, you can send to non-Infinit users by entering an email address in the app, effectively replacing WeTransfer.

• Always upload as a link

Please add in Preferences where to upload it normally. I always want it as a link, never use the email function. At the moment its always a click more, thats much if you want to be the fastest.

7 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. We’re in the process of rethinking the interactions with links and their importance vis-a-vis person to person transfers. We’ll be looking into how to smoothen out this process in the next few weeks.

• 2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion. At the moment, Infinit isn’t able to sync files between devices so we haven’t introduced the concept of a common folder. However, we may do so in this context in the future. For now, on Android, Mac and Windows, you can change the folder to any folder you would like and even set the download folder to an Infinit folder you create yourself. Check out this article to see how: http://help.infinit.io/knowledgebase/articles/646750-how-do-i-set-the-download-folder

• Prevent uploaded folders from zipping

Prevent my uploaded folders from zipping

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

At the moment, your uploaded files need to be zipped unless they are being shared with another Infinit user. I’m afraid we need to do this in order to guarantee that specifically folders are transferred without any inconsistencies. If both sender and recipient are using Infinit, however, the files won’t be compressed.

• Access links from the mobile apps

It would be incredibly advantageous to your app to be able to access links that I have created on my computer with the Infinit iOS and Android apps.

Specifically, I want:
                                    - to see the number of downloads
                                    - to be able to copy and paste the link elsewhere in order to share it

I don't particularly need to open them or access them, but the statistics and the ability to share them are important to me.

Français:
                                    Il serait vraiment bénéfique à votre système de pouvoir accéder aux fichiers envoyés via l'onglet "links" de mon mac, sur mon iPhone. …

51 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mobile Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Bonjour. Merci pour votre suggestion. On a beaucoup réfléchit à l’intégration des liens dans l’application mobile et pour l’instant on s’est restraint. Comme vous l’indiquez, il y a plusieurs façons de les utiliser sur mobile. Vu qu’on n’est pas encore sûr à quoi la plupart de la communauté s’attende, on hésite à prendre une décision. Néanmoins, merci d’avoir évoqué votre cas d’utilisation car ça nous aide davantage dans notre réflexion.

• Eliminate the limit for transfers to myself

The latest update put this awful limit of only 5 transfers PER MONTH. I use Infinit way more times than that.
                                      Since I discover the service I've been recommending it to all my friends and family as a multiplatform AirDrop, but AiiDrop doesn't have this kind of limit. Please remove this limit

2 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for getting in touch. I’m sorry that the addition of this limit is frustrating for you. While we did put in place a 5 transfer limit, you are still able to get a fully free and unlimited account if you refer 2 people to Infinit. You can read about inviting people here: http://help.infinit.io/knowledgebase/articles/706095-how-do-i-invite-contacts-to-infinit

If you think that you have previously referred users to Infinit, send me an email (pat@infinit.io) with their email addresses, and I’ll see about crediting your account.

• Allow us to rename files after we upload them

allow users to rename files after they are uploaded

7 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this feature request. We hope to be able to add in this feature at some point in the future. We realize how important it is to be able to locate a file by its name after uploading. Unfortunately, we don’t yet have visibility on when this will be possible though.

• Create a way to manage contacts (merge by email address, delete and group)

I would like to drag and drop the contacts and change the order in the list, merge them by adding emails to existing contacts, group them, and delete individual contacts and groups. the groups could be next to people and once I group two or more contacts together they are moved to the groups section.

5 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. If in the comments below you can detail some of the ways you would like to organize them. how would you like to group them? for what types of lists? that would be very helpful for us moving forward.

← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base