General Feedback

Welcome to the general feedback forum. Let us know what we can do to make your Infinit experience as a whole better. For individual questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at support@infinit.io.

I suggest that you...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Let users remove old or canceled transfers

I cant find a way to remove old or canceled transfers or old conversations with specific users from the main view.

117 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

30 comments  ·  General Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

UPDATE: The ability to remove old transfers will be coming to Android in the next update. We’ll be working on adding this to Mac and Windows as well, likely in the following update.

• Indicate the time remaining in the transfer

Please show how much time is left before the transfer is complete.

34 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Support WiFi Direct transfers with nearby users like AirDrop

It would be perfect if you could add a button that would make infinit behave like AirDrop which searches for users nearby and transfers files without the need of a router or internet connection.

23 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

An AirDrop-like functionality is interesting. Is your suggestion to add the button to the Finder? The closest thing we have, right now is favorites. You can star users when you search or in the conversation view. Then, when you drag and hold over the icon, you’ll see their icons appear just below.

• Allow blocking certain users

Anyone can send me a message with an attachment. I can reject the message, but I should have the possibility to block a person.

8 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Omar. Thanks for suggesting blocking. We do plan on integrating that feature soon. We’re also contemplating the idea of its opposite, an auto-accept setting, in case you don’t want to click accept every time.

• Darken the fonts and light grey interface elements

The text color is too similar to the background color for many things including the file description, the amount transferred, the checkmark, the X in the circle, the down chevron, the date of download, and the word "open." It is REALLY hard to see. Please increase contrast of those UI elements. Thank yoU!

7 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. You’re right that it can be hard to read. We’ll be reviewing much of the UI in the coming weeks, so we’ll be sure to consider adapting the text color to something more legible.

• Receive email notifications

Add an option to receive email notification when a file, sent to an email address --not an Infinit user--, has been downloaded by the recipient.

6 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ll be adding 2 optional notifications very soon actually. The first will be an email receipt with a link to the sent file (if sent to an email address) and the second will be a delivery receipt for when the file is downloaded.

• Create a way to manage contacts (merge by email address, delete and group)

I would like to drag and drop the contacts and change the order in the list, merge them by adding emails to existing contacts, group them, and delete individual contacts and groups. the groups could be next to people and once I group two or more contacts together they are moved to the groups section.

5 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. If in the comments below you can detail some of the ways you would like to organize them. how would you like to group them? for what types of lists? that would be very helpful for us moving forward.

• Show transfer history on the web site

I started using infinit just yesterday and have been generally happy.

However, it would be nice to be able to see my transfer history of the files I sent via email or otherwise on the web site when I log in. Thanks!

4 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• make it possible for us to see our history of files sent.

I am enjoying this service, just having signed up today. However, it would be extremely useful if I could see my history of files sent.

4 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• P2P Only Transfers

It would be good to be able to force a file to transfer by P2P only. It doesn't feel totally transparent with regards to how or where the file is being uploaded or stored.

3 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Give more information on "unfinished transfer waiting for you" emails

I have been receiving these emails about having 1 pending transfer. It tells me to open infinit app now to finish it. Transfer is from me to me. I use infinit to send my phones and tablets some files. I opened the infinit app on multiple devices since then but I guess I didn't open the two correct devices that has the unfinished transfer. So my suggestion is that if the transfer is from the user itself, give more information like devices used or option to cancel.

3 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

You’re totally right! I’m sorry that you keep receiving this email. We’ll be adding some additional information about how to finish the transfers soon. When you send to yourself, generally you can only take the action on the receiving device. If you cancel or accept the transfer, the notification will go away. If you don’t see these options, it’s likely that you sent your files to a device that is no longer associated with the app. In this case, you can delete your extra devices from your profile at https://infinit.io/account or you can change your password at https://infinit.io/forgot_password which will cancel all of your in-progress transfers.

• When installing a new app it would be great to know that you could easily uninstall it

When installing a new app, it would be great to know that you could easily uninstall it, if something goes wrong. Can I just move the app to trash from /Applications on a Mac? So I think an appropriate chapter in the FAQs or Knowledge Base is desirable.

3 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. On OS X, most apps don’t offer an uninstaller. To delete any app, you simply need to drag and drop it from the Applications folder to the trash bin icon on your dock.

• There's nothing on this site that tells you what to do if the file hasn't downloaded

My boss tried to send me a bunch of videos but theres just a circle with a line through it like a no parking sign, no help from the app or website

3 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Offer an option to add individual contacts or groups of contacts

Access to our contacts: in order to be more selective in the contacts we authorize the access to, an access authorization by contact groups should be offered as an option

3 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

As far as we know, Apple only allows access to all contacts or no access to contacts at all. Our engineering team is looking into this anyways to check what might be possible!

• Include the ability to cancel transfers uploaded to email addresses

I should be able to cancel a transfer that I've sent to an email address after it's uploaded just like any other transfer.

3 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

When you send a p2p transfer, if you’re recipient is not connected, we temporarily host an encrypted version of the file. When the download is completed, the file is removed from our servers automatically. For the time that it is on our server, it is inaccessible to anyone other than you, the sender, and your recipient. The only files that can’t be deleted are ones that are sent to email addresses. This is something we should look at in the near future though, so thanks for the suggestion!

• open-source a bit your software

Your software is pure genius. It's so fast that it breaks the wifi relay behind my own wifi router (this is a very accurate description, and yes this is dirty, but no choice, believe me...), and keeps working without an internet connection^^ !
                                  Anyway, I'd love to see a bit more about your code, I know it's an awful trouble, especially for this software enabling P2P file-transfer that fast and seamlessly and reliable, but I can't attest that your encryption is failsafe if I can't read the code on a repo...

3 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion. While we do plan on open sourcing several parts of Infinit in the near future, we currently don’t have enough time to do so at the moment. However, to offer some clarification, we use standard encryption algorithms (RSA and AES) as well as OpenSSL In the logs, you can see that Infinit calls OpenSSL for example. While we know that this isn’t sufficiently transparent for now, we do intend to open up Infinit for more transparent analysis by users soon.

• Longer message limit when sending files please!

It'd be great to send more detailed notes to clients when sending edits back and forth.

2 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Panties @ www.frumur.com

Shop women lingerie, bra, panties, innerwear, sexy costumes. Shopping website for all kinds of women clothing. Get discounts and cheap prices. www.frumur.com

2 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Finding an Online Browser Support Services for 24/7

In this front line advancement, people get advanced in looking for on changed web programs. The four projects are delineated here to be particular Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and the last is Internet Explorer. Requirements to surf the web with no unsettling impact, then present chrome or a Firefox web program that gives brilliant looking for aptitudes with no screw up. Contact at Browser Technical Support Number open for round the clock and tries to settle customer glitches.

http://www.browsertechnicalsupports.com

2 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General Improvement  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Hair Magazine @ www.youvsme.in

The latest beauty tips, cosmetics product reviews, celebrity makeup Tips. Get beauty tips and makeup how-tos from the beauty experts at YovsMe.in

2 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base