Current Bugs

This forum is specifically related to the current bugs on Infinit. You can report a bug or support a bug fix request to stay informed about its progress. Please note that some bugs may take significantly longer to fix due either to their complexity or a low frequency fo occurrence. Our team will be as transparent as possible on all of these factors.

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Corrupt video files

It corrupts video files when sending thus some video apps are able to play whiles other can't. Tried sending movies from pc to android phone

2 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  All Platforms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for only responding here now!

We’ve managed to fix this issue overall. We’re waiting for Apple to approve our update so that the fix can be downloaded in the new version. I’ll get in touch as soon as this is released.

• Missing dependency on ubuntu trusty

I think libqtwebkit4 package dependency is missing :
      "/opt/infinit/bin/Infinit: error while loading shared libraries: libQtWebKit.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Nice find! It will be fixed in the next release but right now you can create symbolic links for every libQtxxx.so to libQtxxx.so.4.

Here is a command to do so (You’ll be asked for your password):
        > for lib in $(ls /opt/infinit/lib/libQt*.so); do sudo mv $lib $lib.4; done;

• Fix custom domains

I was testing the custom domains but found they don't work as described. They're supposed to respond like domain.com/xxxx but you have to put an underscore before like domain.com/_/xxxx to reach your file.
        Also, if you simply visit domain.com/, there should be either a redirect to a user set location or infinit homepage: you shouldn't load your home under user's domains 'cause SSL and things.

3 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  All Platforms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our apps won’t be able to generate a link with your custom domain until the next update.

Until then, you can follow these instructions to send links with your domain.

Generate an Infinit link. It will look like https://infinit.io/_/XXXXXX

Replace the beginning of your link with your domain and change https to http. It will look like this: http://domain.tld/_/XXXXXX or http://subdomain.domain.tld/_/XXXXXX

Our next update will do this for your automatically.

We’ll also be changing the redirect for your domain. I’m sorry that this is the case at the moment.

• 'Send with Infinit' hotkey does not work

I tried changing the hotkey for 'send with infinit' as you can see here : http://i.imgur.com/lOjZ2S0.png

But that does not work. I tried quitting and entering Infinit again and also tried restarting my laptop but neither of this helped. This hotkey is not taken by anything else and I also tried other hotkeys and neither of them worked.

I don't know what to do and I really want to be able to send someone files quickly with the hotkey but cannot do it.

Thank you for any help on the matter.

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi. Thanks for posting about this in our forum. It seems that Apple has recently begun using our command+shift+I shortcut to open iCloud Drive, which we weren’t aware of. The way this has been changed has completely broken the ability to set a shortcut for sending files. We’re looking into this right now and hope to have a fix in the next update. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

• Auto custom domain link

The custom domain feature is working pretty well !
            But it would be way perfecter if the link assigned was with the custom domain and not with the usual one. Not that I don't want to see it's coming from you, but it's a bother to copy and edit the link just before sending it.

Keep up the great work !

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  All Platforms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks and sorry for only getting back to you now. This feature is now available on Windows. It will be released on Mac very shortly!

• 0 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Improve the Infinit icon on the Mac retina display for higher resolution

Please, increase the resolution of the Infinit toolbar icon on Mac OSX for high resolution screens... On retina it doesn't look good!

7 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Don't see your idea?

Current Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base