Infinit Website & Profile

Welcome to the feedback forum for the Infinit website and account page. Let us know how we can make the Infinit experience online even better.

I suggest that you...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Let people send me files by clicking a link on the web

It would be fantastic, if I could receive files through my own website or when I post a specific link online. When someone clicks this link, it would open their Infinit and prefill my contact information.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a really cool feature. We’d love to start working on something like this. At the moment, it’s not in our roadmap, but we’ll discuss it at our next product meeting for sure. Thanks!

• Develop a web clinet

I had the idea you could let users access their transfer using a web-based p2p client. So when a user doesn't have administrator rights they could still access their files on anyone's computer. Web based p2p clients already exist, although they tend to use java. Which is kind of insecure... I'm not a html programmer, but maybe it can be done using html5?

3 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve thought about doing this a while back. Right now, we see Infinit as a desktop application that integrates with a person’s workflow and doesn’t require a more arduous and time consuming process of accessing a website each time you want to share a file. Nevertheless, we are incredibly open to this idea. We’ll see how things evolve and perhaps integrate this feature in the future!

• Let users comment on download pages

Once the user gets a download link, it would be good if there was an option to comment on that link. Lets say If my friend downloaded the file, he will just leave a comment that he downloaded and its very useful for sender.

3 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. Commenting could be an interesting way of interacting around a file on a download page. At the moment, a sender that shares a link can see how many times the link was accessed in the main Link view as well.

• Be able to sign out everywhere at once

Infinit is great. Because it is great, I use it everywhere. Because I use it everywhere, I end up having signed in instances on devices that belong to friends, family, co-workers, etc. Sometimes I only remember to sign out after it is too late. What could help? Something akin to Facebook's "End All Activity" under Settings > Security > Where You're Logged In.

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the kind words and for your support! Although there is no single-sign out button at the moment, there is a way to manage which devices belong to you. You can remove devices on which you have singed in on from your profile (https://infinit.io/account) under the Devices section. Removing devices will log you out of those specific devices.

• Build a dashboard for larger companies to monitor transfers

I would like to have an admin console or dashboard where I can monitor my company's activity on Infinit including users, the files that are being transferred (their properties) as well as any exchanges of files outside of the company using Infinit. Also, if I could export or generate reports that would be perfect.

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Sort links by type in webview

It would be great to filter/sort by kind of files (video, images, pdf, ...) in the https://infinit.io/account/links

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• For team account, give an option to force password protection

As corporate account administrator, I'd be glad to see this kind of option.
                While my users upload/send a file, they will be asked to put a password (with random password proposition) or they can choose to send with no password.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• How do i switch primary email

I am closing an old email address but i cant update that change on my infinit account. I do have new email to make that my primary address. Please help.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base