I suggest that you...

transfer stops. On many occasions transfer of infinite file stops after 100mb. i then have to stop/pause the transfer and press play/downloa

transfer stops. On many occasions transfer of infinite file stops after 100mb. i then have to stop/pause the transfer and press play/download. Its terribly annoying when i have to download multiple Gb files...

3 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

R WortmannR Wortmann shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  InfinitAdminInfinit (Support, Infinit) responded  · 

Hi everyone. I’m sorry that you’re experiencing pauses in your transfers. I can imagine this being very frustrating. We’ll be able to help fix these problems over email. Could you please open the Terminal on your Mac and enter the following command:

tar cvf ~/.infinit/infinit-logs.tar.gz ~/.infinit/* && mv ~/.infinit/infinit-logs.tar.gz ~/Desktop/infinit-logs.tar.gz.tmp

A new file will appear on your desktop. Please send that file to me at pat@infinit.io.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • R WortmannR Wortmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same problem here. i can download around 100mb and it then stops. i need to pause the transfer and start it again. so for a file size of e.g. 5Gb i need to stop start it 50 times. The speed is about 45 seconds for 100mb which means i need to be at my computer for 50x45 seconds.... this defeats all purpose. and i'm now thinking of retransfer or any alternative to use...

• InfinitAdminInfinit (Support, Infinit) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for bringing up the issue on Windows. Generally when a transfer is pausing and reconnecting, it's because you are in a pure peer-to-peer transfer meaning that you are downloading directly from your sender. Your sender's upload bandwidth is generally lower than your own download bandwidth, meaning that you'll have to wait longer to download each additional piece of a file.

If you'd like to send your logs please open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:/Users/[Your Username]. In that folder, you'll see a subfolder called .infinit. Please zip that folder and email it to me at pat@infinit.io.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it's not only on the mac ...My windows 7 computer is doing the same thing.....Can you fix this problem

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same here, half of my transfer stops at 50-70%. I didn't try with the pause/download option yet, just cancel transfer and try sending again. very annoying.

Feedback and Knowledge Base